Thursday, April 7, 2011

The fox and the Hound


The fox and the hound is a digital piece by Andy Simmons made in January of 2003. It’s a strong representation through digital art of curiosity between two conflicting things that rely on each other with amazing digital work for the year it was made. The shot looks not quite life like but is still very well done for its time period. The backdrop was very well done by Andy Simmons. Specifically the horse being ridden in the trees. The fox under the shoreline was good and same goes for the dog above it. The thing I liked best about it was the shading on the tree and the leaves. I discovered this digital piece online at digitalart.org and I saw something more than just a fox and a hound I saw to things that spend there whole time chasing each other driven by this curiosity of what they are chasing. When I first saw the name of this piece I thought of the movie the fox and the hound. And it made me think that this could have been where the idea was generated from. The themes I see in this picture I can see the artist worked hard to capture. I think that it was done very good and I would like to see more recent work by this artist to compare the older work to, find similarities and differences, see where they improved and see if I could learn something from his mistakes, and use it with my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment