Friday, April 8, 2011

Imperial speeders


The topic I chose for this week was star wars because I can appreciate the work put into the movies in terms of computer editing and I feel that this particular piece strongly represents this statement.  The digital art piece I chose for this week is titled Imperial speeders. It was designed and created by Michael James Newlyn. Michael posted it on digitalart.org on May 2 2007. Michael created Imperial speeders using Paint shop pro. He got the idea from the movie star wars. The framed shot of the imperial speeders is a crisp almost life like picture.  When I found it on the site I found it to be the best representation of that scene and for that matter the movie itself.  I look at this picture and can see that the artist was striving to achieve the action and intenseness of the movie and put it into a framed shot. The picture also has a video game look or computer generated. I found the backdrop to be very well done and the imperial speeders to be better done. The best thing about this digital piece is the element of how Michael made the speeders look like they were moving at high speeds, almost looking like there coming out of the screen.  I also found that it was done very well for the time it was dated in because of coarse in 2007 the technology wasn’t as advanced. But all in all this is a solid picture and that is why I chose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment